If you’re a photographer who spends a lot of time carrying your camera, you may have experienced discomfort and strain in your neck and shoulders. Fortunately, there’s a solution to this problem: a 3 point slinger for camera. But what is a 3 point sling, and how does it work?
What is 3 Point Slinger for Camera?
A 3 point slinger is a camera strap that utilizes three attachment points to distribute the weight of the camera across the body. This design offers several benefits over traditional camera straps that only attach at one or two points. By spreading the weight of the camera across three attachment points, the sling can reduce strain on the neck and shoulders and improve overall comfort while carrying the camera.
In addition to improved comfort, a 3-point sling also offers other advantages. For example, the diagonal design of the sling allows for easy access to the camera, so you can quickly grab it and take a shot when you need to. The multiple attachment points also provide increased security and stability, preventing the camera from swinging around or bouncing while you’re on the move.
Overall, a 3-point sling for a camera is a valuable accessory for photographers who want to improve their comfort, convenience, and control while carrying their cameras. With a variety of options available on the market, it’s easy to find a sling that fits your needs and preferences.
10 Best 3 Point Slinger for Camera in 2023
1. Waka Rapid Camera Neck Strap
SECURE & SAFE: Secure is the NO.1 priority when designing this camera strap. Anti-falling plastic buckle to connect with the strap, stainless steel screw to hold the quick plate. Solid metal quick release with anti-slipping rubber padding to securely fasten your camera onto the strap. Extra safety tether to protect your expensive DSLR cameras from accidentally falling off.
DURABLE & COMFORTABLE: Made of reinforced durable material. Anti-slip Neoprene pad distributes weight perfectly. With a comfortable design shaped to fit perfectly around the shoulder for constant use and travel. A zipper pocket for storing extra batteries, memory cards, etc on the shoulder.
ADAPTABLE & ADJUSTABLE: 20.8 into 31.5 in adjustable quick-release strap with neoprene shoulder pad for a comfortable fit, featuring an instant-shoot design for easily taking photos while on the go. Not only an ideal camera strap for men but also a great camera sling strap for women.
2. OP/TECH USA 3401002 Compact Sling for Cameras
- Ideal shoulder sling for smaller point-and-shoot style cameras
- Offers cushioned comfort in a low-profile design; the Neoprene pad features a non-skid surface
- Easy to attach with 1. 5mm mini QD loops (included); Note: if your camera has lugs designed for split rings, we recommend attaching a split ring to avoid any sharp edges or burrs from cutting The cord
- Fully adjustable 24″-29″ In length (61cm-73, 7cm)
3. BlackRapid Sport Breathe Original Camera Sling
- Cross-Body Strap for Right-Handed Users
- Allows Easy and Fast Access to Camera; Brad Breathe Stabilizing Strap
- Nylon Webbing, 65.7″ Adjustable Length; Moisture-Wicking, 4.0″-Wide Shoulder Pad
- Spring-Loaded Bumper Locks for Camera; CR-3 ConnectR Locking Carabiner; LockStar ConnectR cover to secure carabiner; FR-5 FastenR Breathe; Camera Safety.
- Left-handed version available search 361006
4. BlackRapid Sport X Coyote
- Cross-Body Strap for Right-Handed Users
- Allows Easy and Fast Access to Camera; Underarm Stabilizing Strap
- Nylon Webbing, 65.7″ Adjustable Length, 4.0″-Wide Shoulder Pad
- Spring-Loaded Bumper Locks for Camera; CR-3 ConnectR Locking Carabiner; LockStar ConnectR cover to secure carabiner; FR-5 FastenR Breathe; BlackRapid Camera Safety TetheR
5. Ocim Camera Strap
- Comfortable to wear all day: Thickened & widened shoulder pad with the safety tether to keep the shoulder strap stay in place, wear it on your shoulder, and it doesn’t flop around.
- Adjustable length, shooting more convenient and comfortable: You can adjust the length of the strap to a comfortable length for your body, allowing your camera to hang in a convenient, out-of-the-way position on your body, but always at the ready for a quick shot. Make walk-around shooting so much more convenient and comfortable.
- safety for your expensive camera: Strong and sturdy shoulder strap, and a metal clip with a backup lock, keep your camera safe, do not worry about dropping it.
6. MoKo Durable Sling with Shoulder Pad
- Adjustable Length – The camera strap length can be easily adjusted by the thumb loop adjuster with elastic rope, the adjustable length is about 42.5-61inch / 108-155cm, suitable for most people. It can be adjusted as needed, you can hang it around your neck, cross-body, or over your shoulder.
- Comfort & Convenient – The anti-slip shoulder pad distributes the weight perfectly. Fits the shoulders perfectly, effectively reducing fatigue and making it more comfortable to carry. The universal camera straps work with most camera brands and also with other equipment, like binoculars, monoculars, etc.
- Strong & Durable – Made of high-quality nylon material, lightweight and durable, wear-resistant and non-slip. An upgraded larger metal hook is not easy to rust and can be used for a long time.
- Easy to Install – Quick release design for easy installation and removal. With a sturdy buckle, it allows you to disassemble it quickly and use it more flexibly.
7. Peak Design SL-BK-3 Slide
- 3 straps in 1.
- Huge range of length adjustment
- With quick connectors.
- Quick connecting buckle included.
8. Danger Buddies Sling Strap
- Ergonomic shoulder-hugging design is more comfortable than stock and non-curved straps
- Thick, durable padding provides all-day comfort
- Rapid access allows your camera to slide along the strap, without disturbing the strap position
- Ultra heavy-duty connections inspired by our rock climbing gear (all needed connectors are included)
- The durable nylon construction resists wear and tear associated with rough environments
9. JJC NS-PRO1M Adjustable Quick Release Sling Strap
- made of Premium microfiber leather the surface of the strap pad is high-end wear resistance and The durable nylon webbing is adjustable according to your own preference freely
- the length is adjustable to fit different people from 28 3 to 48 8″ (72 to 124cm)
- the Arca Swiss type Quick Release plate can be mounted to an Arca Swiss type tripod system With the strap eyelet this metal quick-release plate can securely fasten your camera to the strap
- Comes with a safety string
10. Trummul Binocular Harness Strap
- Adjustable camera/binocular strap： custom fits your body providing comfort and balance for the next time you go out taking pictures or hiking or playing golf.
- Tough and durable chest straps: these sturdy and durable chest straps offer even weight distribution around your neck, back, and shoulders while out taking photographs or hiking, or golfing. Perfect for amateur photographers and nature lovers.
- X-shaped strap simple design: camera harness straps were created to keep ergonomically comfortable in view and also made to keep you in style.
Benefits of Using 3 Point Camera Slingers
Using a 3-point camera sling offers several benefits that can enhance your photography experience. One of the most significant advantages is the convenience it provides. With a 3-point sling, your camera is always within reach, making it easier to capture those spontaneous moments.
Another benefit of using a 3-point camera sling is the added security it provides. Instead of carrying your camera in your hand or over your shoulder, a 3-point sling keeps your camera close to your body, reducing the risk of accidental drops or theft.
3-point camera slings also offer improved comfort compared to traditional camera straps. The weight of your camera is distributed evenly across your body, reducing strain on your neck and shoulders. This is especially important for photographers who spend long hours shooting.
How You Attach It to Your Camera
Attaching a 3-point sling to your camera is a fairly simple process. The first step is to locate the mounting points on your camera. These are typically located on the sides of the camera body and are designed to accommodate a camera strap or sling.
Once you’ve located the mounting points, you’ll need to attach the sling’s anchor points to your camera. Most 3-point slings come with anchor points that attach directly to your camera’s mounting points. You may need to use a small tool, such as a coin or screwdriver, to tighten the anchor points securely in place.
Next, you’ll need to adjust the length of the sling to fit your body. This is typically done by adjusting the length of the straps that attach to your camera’s mounting points. You’ll want to ensure that the sling is adjusted to a comfortable length that allows you to access your camera easily.
In conclusion, a 3-point camera sling is a useful accessory for any photographer. It offers several benefits, including convenience, security, and improved comfort. With a 3-point sling, your camera is always within reach, reducing the risk of accidental drops or theft.
The weight of your camera is distributed evenly across your body, reducing strain on your neck and shoulders. Attaching a 3-point sling to your camera is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few minutes. With so many great options available on the market in 2023, it’s important to do your research and choose a sling that best meets your needs. Whether you’re a professional photographer or a hobbyist, a 3-point camera sling is definitely worth considering if you’re looking for a more comfortable, secure, and convenient way to carry your camera.
A 3-point sling is designed to distribute the weight of your camera across your body, reducing strain on your neck and shoulders. Traditional camera straps often hang around your neck, putting all of the weight on one area. Additionally, 3-point slings are often more secure, keeping your camera closer to your body and reducing the risk of accidental drops or theft.
Yes, you can still use a tripod with a 3-point sling. Most slings have quick-release mechanisms that allow you to easily detach your camera from the sling, making it easy to switch between using a sling and using a tripod.
Yes, most 3-point slings are adjustable to accommodate different body types. The straps that attach to your camera’s mounting points can typically be adjusted in length, and many slings have additional adjustments to ensure a secure and comfortable fit. When purchasing a sling, be sure to check the sizing information to ensure it will fit your body properly.