Affinity Photo vs Photoshop, which one is better? Which one should you use for editing your photo? To answer the question, today we will present you with a head-to-head comparison.
Though both are professional photo editing software, there are pros and cons to them. Before going to the discussion, let’s know some history of Photo editing.
Before the invention of technology, photo editing was the work of hands. People edited photos by cutting photos and adding inks. Abraham Lincoln’s photo was the first hand-edited photo in 1860.
After the great invention of computer technology, photo editing became easier. Since 1980, the software Adobe Photoshop has been leading the photo editing world. But with the advancement of technology, there is more new software coming. And Affinity Photo is the most similar software nowadays. But in the race of photo editing, how much ability it gains compare to Photoshop? We will see that in the head-to-head comparison.
There are also other alternatives for photo editing software. We sorted out 15 best free drawing software here for you. You can check one of them and use to create your amazing arts.
What is Affinity Photo?
Affinity Photo is a raster-based photo editor. It is qualitative image editor software and deserves the designer’s attention. To create a professional graphics tool, Serif designed this great software. Affinity Photo, they have entered the photo editing industry. Affinity Photo also offers a publication tool.
The modular interface of Affinity Photo consists of five sections. To access basic image editing tools, it has the Photo Persona section. You can apply wrap effects with the Liquify Persona to correct distorted photos. And the rest is Tone Mapping Persona, Develop Persona, and Export Persona. You can export images in Raw, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, etc. formats with the Export persona.
What is Photoshop?
Photoshop is a popular and leading photo editing software. It is for both beginners and professionals. Photoshop has a complex interface but a huge number of tools for advanced image editing. Adobe system first launched Photoshop in 1980 at the beginning of technological advancement.
With lots of upgrades, Photoshop reached to a great position. Now we all think photo editing means Photoshop. It offers many handy plugins, textures, fonts, brushes, etc.
Professionals can take the benefits of custom layers and masks in Photoshop. It is a giant place for image editing. There is no limitation when you edit in Photoshop. The only limitation may be your imagination.
Download Adobe Photoshop CC from here and start designing.
The Key Differences Between Affinity Photo vs Photoshop
Affinity Photo and Photoshop are both for professional graphic design. But which one is the most powerful software? We will decide after comparing their features and other affordability. So, we will see some major differences in this Affinity Photo vs Photoshop comparison.
Affinity Photo vs Photoshop: Features
Let’s compare all the important features of Affinity Photo and Photoshop to see who wins.
Affinity Photo Features
- Affinity Photo offers an attractively designed user-interface, which is easier than Photoshop.
- It has no subscription charge and provides a free trial version. But you have to buy the original software with an expensive and single payment.
- The toolset in Affinity Photo is more fast and efficient. But not for all the advance editing.
- It also offers powerful live tools and real-time editing.
- It has a full set of 16-bit filters and can undo or redo 8000 history steps while editing.
- You will have access to advance layer control and it has limitless layers.
- Photoshop has a limitless ability for photo editing. You can extend its functionality with add-on programs or plugins.
- The pen tool in Photoshop provides precise paths for selecting objects.
- You can fix any defects and curves with the Photoshop stamp tool. It also allows you to duplicate or remove objects from the photo.
- The cropping and slicing tools are more advance in Photoshop.
- With five different spot healing brush tool, you can fix any spot from the photo.
- There are also enough selection tools in Photoshop. Marquee tool, lasso tool, magnetic lasso tool, etc. are the most effective for selection.
- Other great features of Photoshop are that you can edit video with it. Though Adobe has a more advanced video editing tool, you can edit a video with Photoshop.
- You can design 3D illustrations and paintings in Photoshop.
- Photoshop also provides 360 panorama workflow and Adobe Camera Raw enhancements.
In this Affinity Photo vs Photoshop head to head comparison, Photoshop is the best.
Affinity Photo vs Photoshop: Platform
Affinity Photo works on Windows, macOS, and IOS platforms. But Photoshop works only Windows and macOS.
Affinity Photo vs Photoshop: User Community
Beginners, business, professionals, and freelancers all can perform their work with both software. But in Photoshop, designers have more editing access than Affinity Photo. In Photoshop, you can design anything you imagine. There are no limits to editing in Photoshop.
But, Affinity Photo has various limitations while editing. But it is more user-friendly than Photoshop.
Affinity Photo vs Photoshop: Cost
Adobe Photoshop has three different pricing plans. You can choose one from them. Photoshop offers a monthly plan at $31.49, an annual plan but monthly paid at $20.99, and an annual prepaid plan at $239.88. So, Photoshop requires subscription monthly or yearly.
But Photoshop also includes some extra advantages to these plans. Each one of them offers you access to the latest features and updates. It will also provide 100GB of cloud storage and other features. So now it’s up to you which plan would be the best fit for you.
Affinity Photo Cost
Affinity photo offers only one-time payment for windows and Mac at $49.99. But it will cost you only $19.99 IPad version. You can also use a free trial version for Windows and Mac before purchasing.
Affinity Photo vs Photoshop: The Winner
Now the question which one is the winner in this Affinity Photo vs Photoshop head to head battle? It became difficult to select the ultimate winner. But we should see the top winner is Photoshop.
Affinity Photo also is a close competitor to Photoshop. But Photoshop wins with its unlimited features and editing capabilities. But remember, everything depends on your needs.
In Affinity Photo vs Photoshop, both are professional tool. They perform well. It is good for us that we have such two precious photo editing tools in the digital era. If they compete with each other, we can have a better user experience soon. The future comparison may change if Affinity upgrades its feature. But in terms of price, Affinity already one step ahead in this Affinity Photo vs Photoshop.
A raster-based graphics software is a computer program that allows us to make and edit photos. It also allows us to save them in many raster graphics file formats such as JPEG, PNG, GIF.
The graphic design software that is open source and free to the users is the free drawing software. The best free drawing software is Krita, My paint, Gimp, etc.
Adobe Camera Raw lets you import and enhance raw images. Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, After Effects, and Bridge supports Adobe Camera Raw.